Conditions of entry
- Chinese participants are required to provide valid information such as Name, Gender, ID, Birth Date and Native Place same as the ones of the permanent residence booklet.
- Non-Chinese participants are required to provide valid information such as Name, Gender, passport number, and Nationality same as the ones printed in their valid passports.
- Granfondo-style cycling is a personal cycling challenge with timing via electronic chip for non-professional and recreational cyclists. The event is open to everyone but promotes amateur, or non-professional, cycling. This means that professional cyclists, or ex professionals who have retired less than one year before the date of a granfondo event, can only ride the granfondo 'out of competition', i.e. they will not feature in the result list nor receive any prizes. These cyclists are also expected not to influence the outcome of the competition and restrict themselves to defensive riding
Definition of a ‘professional cyclist’: A professional or (ex) professional biker is a person whose name features on the official team list of a UCI ProTour, Pro Continental or Continental team, as well as a UCI Elite MTB team, or UCI MTB team, of the year of the granfondo event. The team lists are available for checking on the website of the UCI, the International Cycling Federation. You can find them here: http://www.uci.ch/road/teams/ . Fast riders who are hired as occasional guest riders for any of the aforementioned team categories, or for a national team appearance are not considered professionals. The UCI team list is the only criteria we use to define a professional cyclist.
- Each participant must fill in the online registration form correctly and completely (a written consent from the relevant guardians is demanded for participants under 18 or over 64). Should online registration be impossible, contact the Nordic Ways hotline
- Participants must pay the registration fee within 15 days following submission of registration and in any case before the race (online payment is recommended until 5 days before the event).
- Registration is personal and cannot be transferred to any other person.
- In most granfondo events, it is possible to sign up as a team. A team must consist of minimum five riders and riders can be a mix of men and women. Specific regulations for the team classification, which only takes into account the long distance and not the short distance races, can be read in the event regulations of each specific event.
- Event registration goes in two periods: an early bird period with discounted race fees, and a regular period with standard race fees. In some granfondo events, a maximum limit of participants may apply.
- Each registered participant will receive a participant’s bag at the event’s race office, which contains the following items: number bib, bike plate, electronic timing chip, event T-shirt, sponsor gifts.
Health & insurance
- Participants are required to be in proper and healthy condition and will sign a statement saying so upon collecting the number bib at the event’s race office. Nordic Ways declines all liability if health problems are experienced during the event.
- Nordic Ways will purchase insurances for the registered cyclists, based on the correct information provided. Hence, participants are required to fill in the necessary information in correct fashion. Otherwise, they are personally responsible for any risk or injury occurred during the event.
- It is highly recommended, and especially for non-Chinese participants, to have your own appropriate medical & accident insurance cover for taking part in cycling and/or sporting activities.
- Registered participants who obtain injury or any other health hazard during the event shall follow the official insurance procedure. Nordic Ways will not pay any medical treatment fee in advance.
- Applying for refund 10 days before the start of the event: 80% of the registration and hotel fee (if applicable) will be refunded to the cancelled participants.
- Applying for refund less than 10 days before the start of the event: no refund application for registration fee will be accepted by the OC. 50% of the hotel fee (if applicable) will be refunded.
- Applying for refund 1 day before the start of the event: no refund for registration fee and hotel fee will be accepted by the OC.
- Applying for refund for medical reasons: 80% of the registration and hotel fee (if applicable) will be refunded at all times before event against proper documentation.